Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The Countdown

The final few loops of the paper chain count down are holding on for dear life.  In the past, we have made a paper chain count down to Christmas, but again, we missed out on that this year.  So, Anika proudly made a count down to MN paper chain and has bee ripping off sheets of paper for about 3 weeks.  As you can see, there are only two left.

There are many excited little bodies in this house, but there is also some wonder.  They've talked about how excited they are to see everyone, but wonder what it will be like.  They've asked to go back home - which I explained to them we can't do. Its not our house anymore.  They are eager to attend school and see classmates and teachers, but someone here asked me if I was certain I wanted to reopen those wounds.  So, this weekend is an experiment of sorts, and I am sure the ride back to MI on Sunday will be yet another adventure. I liken it to being a freshman in college and going back to the high school football  game.  You need to experience to realize it isn't the same anymore.  We'll see!

We had another rocket launch this weekend. This time launch and retrieval were both successful.  Anika only shot hers off once, but the other three shot their's off twice.  The kids had a great time retrieving all the rockets our friend set off as well.



We are also planning a trip in August.  We plan on being in NW Iowa from August 5 -8, Hollandale from August 8 - 10, the cabin from August 10 - 12, and Minneapolis from August 12 - 15.

Happy Trails!

No comments:

Post a Comment