We spent most of the 4th hanging around at home. This being the first summer I have worked, its been an adjustment for all of us. It was fun to be home, even with all the complaining and arguing, and made me miss what I am missing by working. But, I also love my job and life must keep moving forward!
Later in the afternoon, we packed up some supper and headed to the parents of some friends. They own lots of land, so the kids enjoyed driving the golf cart, watching birds, and hitting golf balls. We grilled burgers and then headed to Twin Lake for fireworks. The kids went swimming, played on the playground, and we ate our fourth of July traditions: caramel puff corn, puppy chow, and slushies. God gave us a gorgeous sunset before the fireworks began. It was a great evening and a fun holiday to be together.
No comments:
Post a Comment