Anika is growing into a beautiful young lady, both inside and out. She has always felt deeply - empathy for pretty much anyone. I remember when she was little she wanted to stop and help the snow plow driver that had slid into the ditch. She continues to feel deeply. I often wonder if she'll end up in some type of art of music therapy.
She is an incredible help - doing almost anything around the house I need accomplished.
She plays the flute and sings beautifully and loves art classes.
She still loves to play soccer, basketball, and do her own fashion design which usually manifests itself by making her own dresses for barbies, and loves finally having her own room. She enjoys school and still gets overwhelmed when there is too much to do. She often thinks of others and brings enough snacks so everyone can have some.
She laughs, plays with the dog, works on puzzles and plays games with the family. She loves to sleep in and play outside. She'll tell you winter is her favorite time of year.
We are very proud of our new teenager and love having her for our daughter.
Happy 13th birthday Anika!
For her birthday she chose donuts for breakfast (took me three stops through closed roads and not the right donuts, but I got them), enjoyed a snow day at home, mashed potatoes and chicken gravy for lunch, and baked potatoes for supper. Her special dessert treat was candy cane pie!
The following Friday Anika and I and a friend of hers and her mom went out for supper for burgers and then to the movie 'Frozen.' GREAT movie - easily makes it into my top 10 favs and a definite must buy!
No comments:
Post a Comment