Sunday, April 12, 2015

Easter and Spring break fun

I took very few pictures this year. I didn't even get a picture of the kids in their Easter outfits, or of the three Easter Egg hunts they did. Good grief.
Easter Sunday, Aunt Kathy joined us for lunch at our friends on the lake. He enjoys hiding the eggs and he made it TOUGH this year. They were still looking after lunch was finished!  They set up their own egg hunt at home while Matt and I were at work on Monday. And the Saturday before Easter, they had a hunt at our youth partner church. Plenty of fun and candy.
Good Friday also kicked off Spring Break.
It does seem like half the world leaves town on Spring Break. Anika had 6 of 20 girls at her soccer practice, and Brandon had 6 of 13. Crazy - where do they all go? Well, most go to Florida. Matt and I worked, but we did try to do something fun each evening.
Thursday - amazing church service - about 700 people from all over Muskegon got together. It was a joint service with one of Matt's pastors group; quite possibly one of the best services I have ever been to; the singing was amazing
Friday - I don't think anything fun happened as far as the kids were concerned - but they did enjoy the first morning to sleep in and relax all day, but the house got picked up and Matt and I went out with some of the pastors and wives late
Saturday - youth pancake breakfast, egg hunt, dye eggs, paint the front door, and take our annual robin bird eggs blue lips picture
Sunday - games and egg hunt, and a trip down to the beach
Monday - at home egg hunt; indoor roller rink
Tuesday - got out the bikes and put away the sleds
Wednesday - pool and whirlpool at the YMCA
Thursday - Big Hero 6 movie at the theatre
Friday - Night at the Museum movie - back at our friends
Saturday- set up the trampoine
Sunday - Muskegon Museum of Art - especially the Lego exhibit

And Monday - soccer, baseball, piano, and oh so many activities mom needs to figure out a way to clone herself.
Happy Spring!




These creations are made out of legos - so cool, the picture in the background shows a girl wearing the red dress


Maria had a PE assignment to do 'active things' with 'Flat Sara'. She took her for a run, a scooter ride, a ride on the teeter twirl and a jump on the trampolin

No comments:

Post a Comment