Saturday, September 16, 2017

What's New


Whenever I am asked the question 'What's new?', I'm never sure how to answer. I feel like we do the same thing most days, over and over. Not quite like Ground Hog Day, but you get the idea.
So, today, I tried to think of things that were different:
-I still got a good workout in, but being old, I twisted my ankle
-I helped mow the lawn, and Jessica finished; typically I make someone else take that job
-our ice maker broke; I feel like such a privileged white snob saying that; then the kids didn't know the word for ice cube tray - which we don't even own anymore; anyway, its back up and running again.
-Anika and Brandon had pep band for the varsity soccer game; It was Warrior Weekend, which is sort of like homecoming, except in the fall, they have their real homecoming in the winter over basketball;
-There were LOTS of fans at the girls volleyball game; lots of excitement; and even though Anika didn't play, she was the first person to jump up and cheer and encourage her teammates - which I thought was very cool! She enjoys her team, and she supports them no matter what
-Brandon's team has had 3 wins and 1 loss I believe, and he has scored 3 goals in the last two games
-Jessica now is on the middle school volleyball team and the middle school cross country team, she had her first volleyball game this week
-Last week Sunday evening, youth group started up again. Anika's group won the Amazing Race game
-There was a full cup of pop spilled at supper tonight
-Anika and Brandon played piano together, not totally unusual, but different for today
-Jessica, Maria and I went to the sunset; we don't go to the beach nearly enough, I feel like living here we should be there every night, but I also realize that just isn't possible; we went to the dog beach this time and took Midge; we all jumped in. I'm not sure we've ever gone swimming this late in September, but it was great.
-All six beds are clean, I finished today; this includes pillow case covers, all the blankets - and if you saw their beds you would know how insanely out of control my kids are on blankets, mattress pads, etc., washed inside, dried outside in the sun!
-We got our new family pictures printed, its always fun to look through the years



high fives to the parents after the game


And finally, last week we said goodbye to a dear friend at our church. She has been sick for 18 months; she lost so much weight so quickly and had several misdiagnoses.  Not many weeks ago, she finally had a CAT scan and stomach cancer which has spread everywhere was discovered. She lived a beautiful testimony of living life to the end and finding joy in the little things.  Someone told me at her funeral you couldn't know Paula without knowing her Savior.  
She had her whole funeral planned - including the catering from Lee's Chicken!



No comments:

Post a Comment