I feel like the last few days some of the details of life have fallen into place. But with every step forward there always seems to be a dangling strand that can't quite get solved. So, I take the details forward, hoping the strands will follow with time.
For instance, we went and got our MI licenses, which means we can now do many more things like library cards and health insurance. But the car insurance people asked where our MI registration was...... not sure. They gave me a license plate and a title, but no registration. Maybe it will magically show up in the mail with our licenses. Or, we got a letter from our credit union telling us they also offer home and auto insurance at a discounted rate to members. Guess who just got home and auto insurance set up with another company..... yeah, that would be me. So, do I bother trying to see who is cheaper or leave well enough alone? Time will tell how ambitious I am. Perhaps I will wait until I am actually holding the policy in my hand before I try to change it. There's a library story that fits into this category, too, but that's far too long and boring.
The mystery of why the music teacher never returned my emails all these months has been solved. She didn't know she had an email address at the grade school - the email I was using. She uses her email address from the high school. Anika came home with that yesterday and we are already setting up flute lessons. There is a chance the lady across the road from our new house teaches piano lessons!
I took the kids to GEMS and Cadets at the church very near our house last night. Jessica and Maria say its the best place ever. Brandon and Anika like it as much as the other one. I think I have created a monster. My guess is for the rest of the year we will do both churches (they meet different Wed of the month) and reevaluate next year. See what I mean by falling into place but leaving a strand?
Little things that have made us happy lately:
-I finally broke down and bought another box of q-tips. I know big spender - a whole $1.97 - but I just bought a box in MN and how fast do you really go through those things. We will be well supplied once the MN ones get found while unpacking. I also bought Listerine - Matt did a happy dance. When that bathroom box gets found something big is going to happen. I'm still waiting for my contacts.
-The dentist friends of ours are letting us borrow their carpet cleaner (my job next week at the new house) and their electric pencil sharpener. The little plastic twisty pencil sharpeners had worn out their welcome here, and our electric one is 'in a box somewhere.' The kids can't wait for me to not be able to use that excuse anymore! And we received all this in their home while drinking a glass of wine while the kids were at church. It was almost date like and the wine was wonderful. (BTW if you've been to their house, which almost none of you have - the winter icy driveway could not be conquered by the van. Good thing they have 4 wheel drive! The live at the top of the sand dune overlooking Lake MI)
-we are planning adventures for the weekend here. It is Anika's birthday on Saturday.
-There is a work bee at our house on Saturday. Jessica wondered last night if people were getting sick of helping us. I told her I wondered the same thing.
Off to buy appliances today.
Anyone want to see my happy dance?
ReplyDelete