Monday, January 30, 2012

The joy of tea

Coffee vs Tea
The smell of coffee wins every time but how something that smells so good can taste so awful is beyond me.  Tea is where its at, especially when your throat is tight and sore and scratchy from the infection in your body.  Someone lovely introduced me to Good Earth Spicy Herb tea. Wow is that good stuff.  I'm on my last pack and I will be going to the store later tomorrow to get more.  Normally, I would be drinking hot chocolate at this point of the season, but tea is where its at when the throat needs attention!

I have two special boxes in the house. One for the Goodwill that is already overflowing and one for MN.  We found a hat that belonged to one of Brandon's friends, we found a piece to a mastermind game that belongs to MN friends, and we have things that moved with us that belong to other MN friends.  I have things the kids have made for friends, notes they have written, crafts they have put together.  They are all in a box.  Hopefully I'll send them sometime.  If not, know that you are thought of often by our kids MN friends.  Also, every time I unpack a box, I discover things that I don't want after being without them for six months.  That's the fun part.  I love purging!  Did you know that the corporate headquarters for Goodwill is in Muskegon?  And there is at least 4 Goodwill stores within 15 minutes of our home?  Good stuff I'm saying!

The 'To do' list has gotten considerably smaller.  Bobby, the handyman from church that worked at our house literally every day for 3 weeks, informed me that in some houses, everything just goes wrong.  Thanks.  He decided that this house just didn't want to be lived in anymore.  It was treated badly before and then left empty for awhile, so it was just fighting back.  We have conquered many things on the inside.  When spring comes, the outside must be conquered.  If you feel the need to landscape - rip out old, big, ugly green bushes and figure out what to put in their place, Come on Down!  I also need some advice on soffit, fascia, and trim colors.  They didn't finish it when they built the house so there is some wood that is just exposed to the elements.

Today I spent a bunch of time updating credit cards, bills and anyone else in the world that feels they need our phone number.  That's one of those things that needs to be done, but looking back at today, I sure don't feel like I accomplished much!

No comments:

Post a Comment