I’m tired again today, but my outlook is different.
First, we have been searching for a piano teacher, and I kept hitting dead ends. Yesterday, I felt led to check Craigslist and GUESS WHAT? There was a Calvin College graduate in the area looking for piano students and she has already emailed me back trying to set up a time to meet. Way big God thing, hope it works out. So excited about the possibility!
I'm still looking for a job. Jessica asks me every day if I found one, sort of like hide and seek to her. Maria has informed me I am not allowed to get a job, because she wants to stay home with me.
I got a letter ready to TCF bank to close the account - AGAIN. I even got it notarized.
I love going to bed and reading, although I need to go to bed earlier.
I had a great run yesterday. I only ran over 4 miles but I ran hard the whole way. It felt so good.
I’ve been working really hard on labeling all the pictures on our computer. I want to get all my pictures onto the computer and get them labeled so I can upload the MN ones and give my kids their books about MN. Actually, I really want a book to look at and remember, too.
We are still trying to decide whether to put Maria into Spanish Immersion or English Kindergarten. I'm so afraid we'll make the wrong choice and she will end up struggling, especially at recess. She is the one that has no complaints about school, so I'd like to keep it that way.
There are two girls from Anika's basketball team on her soccer team. We also bought her a new soccer ball after practice last night so we have one excited girl. Getting on a soccer team has been its own little challenge, but it all worked out so yeah God.
Today my devotional was about the 12 spies that entered Canaan. Joshua and Caleb focused on God, the other 10 focused on the giants that occupied the land. It was just good for me to hear.
"He (Caleb) was focused on the magnitude of God, not the magnitude of any giant challenges ahead. Today you may see many giants that challenge your faith — giants of time and energy, finances and resources, fear and faithlessness.
God wants you to be confident that he’s pouring his strength into you so you can do whatever it takes to defeat these giants. God says you can take possession of an abundant life because he is with you.
By seeing his hand sweep away the personal giants in your life, you’ll be even more confident that you can do all things through him who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13)."
by Jon Walker from purpose driven connection web site
Today I get to pay the IRS and make sure our soccer calendar is organized. Looks like a wild and crazy kind of day!
No comments:
Post a Comment