Friday, August 17, 2012

Let the fun begin


I started working at the airport.
Matt turned 46.
The youth group from MN came to visit.
All on the same day.
It was a good day.
It was a busy day.
It was a fun day.

Matt's birthday was really pretty much ignored.  The kids all said Happy Birthday to him and I gave him a box of fudge covered Oreos a few weeks later.  The youth group showed up with scotcheroos for him and we had ice cream sundaes with the youth group.  We took them to our friends house that live right on the lake. They are an amazing host and hostess.  Food galore and wonderful ice cream sundaes. I even got in on the fun after my first shift at the airport.  The kids were impressed with our little ocean and the house on it!
The youth group was on its way to SERVE in Toronto, Ontario. Seems they had a good trip, which we are thankful for, and we were glad to have seen them!  They slept on the floor in our church and were off the next morning.
The airport job is kinda fun and it definitely keeps me busy.  I actually started two jobs.  They are both very different but I enjoy them both.  We'll have to see what happens to our schedules once school starts and with it all the practices and things.  I still have 3 weeks of training to do in Denver which could prove to be interesting as well.  The airport is small and there are only two flights a day.  Around noon a flight comes in from Chicago and then flies back.  The same thing happens around 6:30 PM.  We do the ticket counter, the gate, and all the loading and unloading of the plane outside.  Four people work a flight.  I am only trained to do the outside work, so I unload and load luggage and I marshall (use the cool orange wands to tell the plane where to go).


No comments:

Post a Comment