Matt recently painted most of the trim and hung up hooks for the outdoor Christmas lights. Once we got it all set up and borrowed ladders from the neighbors, it was quick job getting everything hung up. And I bought a timer at Menards so I don't have to go outside to turn anything on. Super bonus!
This is what the house looked like before the trim was painted - I like it the new way!
We had heard about the local high school's Christmas concert. Its the largest Singing Christmas Tree in the US. I guess they were even in the USA Today on Saturday. And now we can say we've seen it! There are youtube videos if you are really curious. Mona Shores Singing Christmas Tree. Our neighbor is a senior in high school and she is about seven rows down on the right - I'm sure you can spot her! It was a neat concert, but it was long. After the concert we drove to the Jingle Bell Parade in Grand Haven. We were late and there were TONS of people so no candy or chicken soup or free handouts. Somewhat of a bust in the kids' minds, but such is life. Not every adventure can be a home run.
The Christmas tree is up as well as the mantle - made by Matt. We all watched Polar Express together and we watched Elf this week.
I bought three chairs for our counter from Craigslist.
I had this open space in the laundry room that I really didn't understand. What was it for? What was I supposed to put in this space? Then, I saw a brilliant picture on someone's facebook page of something they had seen on Pinterest. I can't stand Pinterest, but I love the ideas others find there that I can copy and now Matt has made lovely rungs for me to hang the laundry baskets. So very cool and handy and yes I need to do the laundry - the baskets are full!
Our outdoor Christmas lights all lit up.
No comments:
Post a Comment