Thursday, February 9, 2012

The teeter totter

This contraption has a story.  I have known about it for years and had it on a wish list of things to purchase for the kids.  I would search for it on Craigslist, look at it online, but never felt like spending the money on it.

Two weeks before we move to MI.  We are contemplating how all of our stuff is going to fit on a truck.  I am pretty sure its not going to, Matt is quite confident it will.  I head out and attend an open house of some goodies put on by friends.  As I pass by a neighbor to them, there is a PILE of stuff at the end of the driveway.  Surely they aren't giving that all away.  I drive by, turn around and come back, knock on the door, and oh yes, it is free for the taking.  Guess what's in the pile - the teeter totter I have been looking at for years.  It doesn't really fit in my van very well, but I was not to be dissuaded.  I also picked up five riding toys for the little girl I was going to visit.

Well, I get home, and the first thing out of Matt's mouth is - that's not going to fit on the truck.  Again, I was not to be dissuaded.  To be fair, he was right, it didn't make the first truck, but I was also right in that not everything fit on one truck and we needed two.  We did not get two trucks, but some friends stored all the extra stuff and my dad is making two trips out with his pickup full. So, a few weeks ago when my parents came to visit, they drove their pickup, and the teeter totter came to view.

Now, Maria asked about the teeter totter OFTEN.  She was quite sure the only time she was going to get to play on it was when we went back to MN.  The lack of winter has produced an abundance of outside playtime.  Did I mention it's light out until after 6 PM - GLORIOUS!

So, almost every day, this is the site I see for at least an hour after school.  Even Matt had to admit that they have an awful lot of fun on the thing.  It goes up and down and around.  Teeter Twirl I believe is what it is called.

Off to today.  The goal is to buy shades/curtains for our bedroom and clean the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment