Matt and a friend took Brandon Whitefish fishing a two weeks ago. I waited to post so I could give a picture! They are fairly large fish that live in Lake Michigan and spawn in the rivers. They run through the channels in schools late at night. This beauty was caught around 9 PM. I wasn't there but I will give you the information to the best of my knowledge. They run in large schools and are attracted to shiny spinners. No bait is necessary but you are only allowed to keep the fish if it actually takes the hook. You cannot snag a fin, or a tail or something like that. From what I understand, there were 10 fish caught that night, but only one was allowed to be kept (Brandon's). All the others were snags. There are so many fish that they literally get their fins stuck in the hook. Isn't that crazy! And I guess, if you catch a fin or a tail, they can put up quite the fight while being reeled in. Nice work buddy!

No comments:
Post a Comment