Its birthday month! A friend from church informed me that when you have a December birthday, you get to celebrate all month - I'm in! So, I'm sitting here with mint hot chocolate and candy cane oreos (thanks ladies) celebrating the arrival of December.
I used to hate the fact that my birthday was in December. Like when you would get a Christmas card that said 'Merry Christmas and Happy Birthday' - it's two separate days - celebrations people!
And then for awhile it was fun to do things over Christmas break and never tell anyone it was your birthday. Like your own little party in your head.
Now I really get into all the fun treats. Who else gets every restaurant and store to decorate and bring out the yummy treats???? Frango mints from Herbergers, egg nog shakes and peppermint hot chocolate from McD's; DQ used to have candy cane blizzards - how dare they stop that yummy treat; candy cane pie from Aldi or Baker's Square; candy cane oreos, mint m & m's; mint truffle and candy cane hershey kisses..... I could keep going.
So, on with the celebration.
Things that have happened lately
- we met the neighbor
- we were given a calendar of things to do in Grand Haven during the Christmas season
- someone brought chocolate peanut butter cupcakes!
- our MN house closing went through
- Maria jumped out of the car and said 'Bye mom' on her way into school today; I don't think it hurt that I bought her a new pillow pet blanket for rest time. She needed a pillow and a blanket to take to school every day for quiet time. This solved that problem and it was on sale at Meijers
- we have a library card - it took three hours, but we have one - who knew you need two pieces of mail with your name and address on it to get a library card
- the kids went to Wednesday night activities at church
- we left our winter coats at said activities, but some wonderful woman delivered them to school this morning
- we have renter's insurance and a homeowner's insurance policy
- the kids have an application in for health insurance
- I went for a run and did sit ups and push ups
- I took a shower and flossed my teeth and put in my contacts, although the contacts thing might not happen for awhile again - that one missing bathroom box is killing me. It has my nail stuff and my boxes of contacts among other things. All in good time
- we are closer to setting a closing date on our house, maybe even the 16th
- I bought a really cool frame at Hobby Lobby - its a store like Michael's or JoAnn's but way better frames - and it was 50% off!
- I hopefully solved the fighting in the morning between Jessica and Maria over shoes; I thought having the two of them in the same size would be so nice. OH MY! One shoe is misplaced - probably in a different box - so I went out and bought a new pair of shoes today. Yes, new, from the store, with tags, never been worn by another child; maybe it will cause more fights, who knows; but it felt good to try; they weren't on sale though and there is tax on clothes in MI. bah
Yesterday was hard for me to not compare to how things used to be. And in my head, they were all better before. I was reminded that we are starting over, and it takes time. Its good to have friends that help keep reality in its place, even if we aren't in our place.
Perhaps tomorrow I will conquer the bank accounts. This is going to get complicated as the bank that is processing our loan is only in Grand Haven and we plan on living in Muskegon, hmmmm. Not sure I want to drive 10 miles whenever I need to do some banking.
No comments:
Post a Comment