Anika got to play in her one an only basketball game this season. It was so much fun to watch her, and yet so hard. It was a Saturday morning at 9 AM, watching basketball. It was hard not to think of how many Saturdays we spent watching Upward basketball, knowing most of the people in the stands and most of the kids on the court. She played really well, but they lost. She had a hard time with it afterwards as well - its never fun to lose, but its multiplied when you miss the people you used to play with! The girls at MCS have been playing for about a month and today was the season ending tournament.
We went to the Muskegon Museum of Art today. They had a 'make it take it' craft. So everyone painted a few cardboard box Christmas ornaments. Then we went next door to the library and pet some live reindeer.
Matt and I went for my lake run together this afternoon. The electric babysitter was on hand!
We are exploring different churches to associate with for extra programs. There is a church VERY near our new home that has GEMS and Cadets. I think I like the program already! =) We'll have to check it out one of these nights. I was planning on going there and asking for tips on finding a piano teacher and a flute teacher. Hopefully it all works out.
In the world of mint, there is good news and bad news. The good news is - Dairy Queen has reinstated the candy cane blizzard and I have buy one get one free coupon. The bad news is the closest DQ is 45 minutes away and the coupon expires on Thursday. I'll still get a blizzard from there, but probably not with the coupon - maybe I'll drive down there for my birthday! Another round of bad news. It seems Oreo stopped making the fudge covered mint oreos they always used to make at Christmas time. They still make the white fudge covered ones, but now they have mint sandwich cremes, not quite the same thing.
I realized today that I am with the kids constantly unless they are in school. Its strange with no sport practices, no music lessons, no play dates, no sleepovers, no neighbors, no toys outside. Its something I have to get used to. We have contemplated me homeschooling in the past, but I have resisted. Somewhat out of ignorance of how to jump into it. Right now, all they have is each other. Its just an observation - nothing good or bad necessarily about it. I do find that as the day wears on, my patience thins. I get tired, and they gear up. Oh to have that energy!
Thanks for checking in!
No comments:
Post a Comment